Students who follow the Sustainability Pathway will have the opportunity to take a series of interdisciplinary courses that interweave the social, economic, and environmental pillars of sustainability. Students evaluate the impact of communities and geographical regions on sustainability efforts. Students will gain knowledge of current and integral ethical standards. Using environmental, cultural, social and economic perspectives, proposed solutions to identified challenges and problems will be addressed. The courses offered in this Pathway highlight the cultural and social facets of sustainability and will challenge students to become more environmentally-minded and socially-responsible.
- Students will be able to define sustainability and discuss how the social, economic, and environmental pillars are connected.
- Students will be able to identify and evaluate the impact of communities and geographical regions on sustainability efforts.
- Students will be able to apply their knowledge of sustainability and articulate how their lives relate to the environmental, social, cultural and environmental perspectives of sustainability.
- Students will critically analyze the current ethical standards on sustainability practices.
B.5 Implications and Explorations in Mathematics and Natural Sciences:
- ANTH 322 Human Behavioral Ecology
- GEOG 328 Global Change and Environmental Systems
- GEOG 329 Cities and Nature
C.3 Explorations in the Arts and Humanities:
- PHIL 313 Environmental Ethics
D.5 Explorations in the Social Sciences:
- ANTH 310* Urban Anthropology
- ASAM 300* Introduction to Asian Pacific American Studies
- ASAM 342* Asian Pacific American Families
- ASAM 362A* Filipina/o American Experience
- CHIC 303* Chicano/Mexican Cultures
- LBST 310* The California Experience
- GEOG 332* United States and Canada
- GEOG 333* Latin America
- GEOG 340* Asia
- GEOG 342* The Middle East
- GEOG 345* China
- GEOG 350 Nature and Society
- POSC 322 Leadership for Public Service
- SOCI 352 The Sociology of Education
- SOCI 355 Women in Contemporary Societies
- SOCI 361 Population and the Environment
- SOCI 371 Sociology of City Life
E. Lifelong Learning and Self-Development:
- ANTH 315* Culture and Nutrition
* Satisfies cultural diversity requirement- category Z