H&SS Committees for 2022/2023
Barbra Erickson (ANTH) (2021-2023)
Volker Janssen (HIST) (2021-2023)
Emily Kuffner (MLL) (2021-2023)
Robert Robinson (PAJ) (2021-2023)
Elise Wang (ENGL) (2022-2024)
Lucia Alcalá (PSYC) (2021-2023)
Jochen “Joe” Burgtorf (HIST) (2022-2024)
Andrew Howat (PHIL) (2021-2023)
Myungjung "MJ" Kwon (PAJ) (2021-2023)
Elizabeth Pillsworth (ANTH) (2022-2024)
Hiromi Tobaru (MLL) (2021-2023)
Research & Grants
Ahmed Afzal (ANTH) (2021-2023)*
Joshua DiPaolo (PHIL) (2022-2024)
Margaret Garber (LBST) (2022-2024)
Adam Roberts (PSYC) (2022-2024)
Jasamin Rostam-Kolayi (HIST) (2022-2024)
Mugdha Yeolekar (RLST) (2021-2023)*
College Personnel Standards Review Committee (CPSRC)
Dana Collins (SOCI) (2022-2024)*
Reyes Fidalgo (MLL) (2022-2024)
Sarah G. Grant (ANTH) (2022-2024)
Tu-Uyen Nguyen (ASAM) (2022-2024)
Georgia Spiropoulos (PAJ) (2021-2023)*
Sue Sy (PSYC) (2022-2024)
Eddy Alvarez, Jr (CHIC) (2021-2023)
Iris Blandón-Gitlin (PSYC) (2022-2024)*
Christopher Gibson (SOCI) (2022-2024)
Ángeles Sancho-Velázquez (LBST) (2021-2023)
Karen Stocker (ANTH) (2021-2023)
April Bullock (LBST) (2022-2024)*
Cora Granata (HIST) (2021-2023)
Gabriela Nuñez (CHIC) (2022-2024)
Zia Salim (GEOG) (2022-2024)
Nicole Seymour (ENGL) (2021-2023)
Devon Thacker Thomas (SOCI) (2021-2023)
Committee members are elected for two-year terms. Ideally, committees will be composed of three continuing and three new members. If a committee member cannot complete a full two-year term, a replacement will be elected for the second year.
Faculty Awards Committee: If a member of the committee is nominated and submits materials for one of the H&SS Faculty Awards, then the member must recuse him/herself from reviewing any applications for any of the Faculty Awards.
Research & Grants Committee: If a member of the committee applies for a grant reviewed by the committee, then the member must recuse him/herself from reviewing any applications for the grant.
Committee memberships are constrained in the following ways:
- There shall be no more than one member from a single department on any H&SS standing committee.
- A committee member may be re-elected for a second term on the same committee. When the second term ends, the committee member may not run for a third consecutive term; after two consecutive terms, the faculty member must wait at least one academic year before running for a seat on the same committee.
- Because faculty are encouraged to serve the department, college, and university, a faculty member may only serve on one H&SS committee in any academic year.
- A faculty member who has a planned leave or will be away from campus (such as for study abroad) for an upcoming semester may not run in an election for that year.
- In any election, an individual may accept a nomination for only one committee, i.e. a person may run for election for only one committee each year.
- Because undue absences place an extraordinary burden on other committee members, if a committee member misses three or more meetings, the chair of the committee may request the Dean to appoint a replacement.
- Given the difficulty of scheduling committee meetings for five or more members, committee members should plan to make themselves available on a wide range of days and times.