H&SS Committees for 2021/2022
Lucia Alcala (PSYC) (2020-2022)*
Ryan Nichols (PHIL) (2020-2022)
Barbra Erickson (ANTH) (2021-2023)
Volker Janssen (HIST) (2021-2023)
Emily Kuffner (MLL) (2021-2023)
Robert Robinson (PAJ) (2021-2023)
Barbra Erickson (ANTH) (2020-2022)
Kenneth Van Bik (ENG) (2020-2022)
Lucia Alcala (PSYC) (2021-2023)
Andrew Howat (PHIL) (2021-2023)
Myungjung "MJ" Kwon (PAJ) (2021-2023)
Hiromi Tobaru (MLL) (2021-2023)
Research & Grants
Allison Varzally (HIST) (2020-2022)
Phillip Kopp (PAJ) (2020-2022)
Celia Martínez-Sáez (MLL) (2020-2022)
David Gerkens (PSYC) (2020-2022)
Ahmed Afzal (ANTH) (2021-2023)*
Mugdha Yeolekar (RLST) (2021-2023)*
College Personnel Standards Review Committee (CPSRC)
Christine Scher (PSYC) (2020-2022)
Dana Collins (SOCI) (2020-2022)
Georgia Spiropoulos (PAJ) (2021-2023)*
Ed Knell (ANTH) (2021-2023)
Jennifer Yee (ASAM) (2021-2023)
Iris Blandón-Gitlin (PSYC) (2020-2022)
Patricia Schneider-Zioga (ENGL) (2020-2022)
Trevis Matheus (GEOG) (2020-2022)
Eddy Alvarez, Jr (CHIC) (2021-2023)
Ángeles Sancho-Velázquez (LBST) (2021-2023)
Karen Stocker (ANTH) (2021-2023)
April Bullock (LBST) (2020-2022)
Juan Carlos Gallego (MLL) (2020-2022)
Steven R. James (ANTH) (2020-2022)
Cora Granata (HIST) (2021-2023)
Nicole Seymour (ENGL) (2021-2023)
Devon Thacker Thomas (SOCI) (2021-2023)
Committee members are elected for two-year terms. Ideally, committees will be composed of three continuing and three new members. If a committee member cannot complete a full two-year term, a replacement will be elected for the second year.
Faculty Awards Committee: If a member of the committee is nominated and submits materials for one of the H&SS Faculty Awards, then the member must recuse him/herself from reviewing any applications for any of the Faculty Awards.
Research & Grants Committee: If a member of the committee applies for a grant reviewed by the committee, then the member must recuse him/herself from reviewing any applications for the grant.
Committee memberships are constrained in the following ways:
- There shall be no more than one member from a single department on any H&SS standing committee.
- A committee member may be re-elected for a second term on the same committee. When the second term ends, the committee member may not run for a third consecutive term; after two consecutive terms, the faculty member must wait at least one academic year before running for a seat on the same committee.
- Because faculty are encouraged to serve the department, college, and university, a faculty member may only serve on one H&SS committee in any academic year.
- A faculty member who has a planned leave or will be away from campus (such as for study abroad) for an upcoming semester may not run in an election for that year.
- In any election, an individual may accept a nomination for only one committee, i.e. a person may run for election for only one committee each year.
- Because undue absences place an extraordinary burden on other committee members, if a committee member misses three or more meetings, the chair of the committee may request the Dean to appoint a replacement.
- Given the difficulty of scheduling committee meetings for five or more members, committee members should plan to make themselves available on a wide range of days and times.