Valerie R O'Regan, Ph.D.
Professor of Political Science
Phone: (657) 278 - 3468
Office: GH 519
M/W 10:00-11:30 AM &
or by appointment
- 1997, Ph.D Political Science, University of California, Riverside
- 1994, M.A. Political Science, University of California, Riverside
- 1991, B.A cum Laude, Political Science, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Comparative Politics: General, Politics of Europe, Politics of Latin America, Comparative Political Economy Comparative Public Policy.
- Women and Politics: Political Behavior, Women in Government, Women in the Industrialized Countries, Women in the Third World International Women's Movements.
- International Relations: General, Global Policy Issues, Politics of Devdlopment, Gender and International Relations
- Gender Matters: Female Policymakers’ Influence in Industrialized Nations. Westport,
Connecticut: Praeger Publishers. 2000.
- “Women in California Politics” in California Government in National Perspective, 8th edition, eds. Yuan Ting, Stephen Stambough & Shelly Arsneault. Dubuque, Iowa: Kendall Hunt Publishing. 2015.
- “Female Governors and Gubernatorial Candidates” in Women and Elective Office, Past, Present and Future, 3rd edition, eds. Sue Thomas & Clyde Wilcox. New York, NewYork: Oxford University Press. 2014.
- “Direct Democracy” in Government in the Countryside: Politics and Policies in Rural America, ed. Gary Aguiar. Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company. 2007.
- “Building the South Dakota Democratic Party” in George McGovern: A Political Life, A
Political Legacy, ed. Robert P. Watson. South Dakota State Historical Society Press. 2004.