H&SS Committees for 2018/2019
Barbra Erickson (ANTH) (2017-2019)* [SAB Sp19]
Stephen Neufeld (HIST) (2017-2019)
Sam Stone (PAJ) (2017-2019)
Lucia Alcala (PSYC) (2018-2020)
Eric Carbajal (MLL) (2018-2020)
Andrew Howat (PHIL) (2018-2020)
Russ Espinoza (PSYC) (2017-2019)*
Sarah Grant (ANTH) (2017-2019) -- Chair
Saul Tobias (LBST) (2017-2019)
Kate Burlingham (HIST) (2018-2020)
Juan Carlos Gallego (MLL) (2018-2020)
JeeLoo Liu (PHIL) (2018-2020)
Research & Grants
Ed Knell (ANTH) (2017-2019)
Maria Malagon (SOCI) (2017-2019)
Philippe Zacair (HIST) (2017-2019)
André Zampaulo (MLL) (2018-2020)
Kathleen Preston (PSYC) (2018-2020)
MJ Kwon (PAJ) (2018-2020)
Pam Fiber-Ostrow (PAJ) (2017-2019)
Cora Granata (HIST) (2017-2019)
Jennifer Yee (ASAM) (2018-2020)
Aaron Goetz (PSYC) (2018-2020)
Dustin Abnet (AMST) (2018-2020)
Christina Chin (SOCI) (2017-2019)
Franz Mueller (ENGL/LING) (2017-2019)
Angela-MinhTu Nguyen (PSYC) (2017-2019)
Margie Brown-Coronel (HIST) (2018-2020)
Alison Kanosky (AMST) (2018-2020)
Satoko Kakihara (MLL) (2018-2020)
Jennifer Trevitt (PSYC) (2017-2019)*
Carl Wendt (ANTH) (2017-2019) [SAB F18]
Jindong Wu (GEOG) (2018-2020)*
Patricia Schneider-Zioga (ENGL) (2018-2020)
Veronica Herrera (PAJ) (2018-2020) -- Chair
Karyl Ketchum, (ex officio, Senate I.T. Committee Rep.)
Eriko Self, (ex officio, Senate I.T. Committee Rep.)
College Personnel Standards Review Committee (CPSRC)
Renae Bredin (WGST) (2017-2019)
Amy Coplan (PHIL) (2017-2019)
Ben Cawthra (HIST) (2017-2019) -- Chair
Eric Reyes (ASAM) (2017-2019) [SAB 18/19]
Hélène Domon (MLL) (2018-2020)*
Jessie Peissig (PSYC) (2018-2020)*
Eileen Walsh (SOCI) (2018-2020)
Committee members are elected for two-year terms. Ideally, committees will be composed of three continuing and three new members. If a committee member cannot complete a full two-year term, a replacement will be elected for the second year.
Faculty Awards Committee: If a member of the committee is nominated and submits materials for one of the H&SS Faculty Awards, then the member must recuse him/herself from reviewing any applications for any of the Faculty Awards.
Research & Grants Committee: If a member of the committee applies for a grant reviewed by the committee, then the member must recuse him/herself from reviewing any applications for the grant.
Committee memberships are constrained in the following ways:
- There shall be no more than one member from a single department on any H&SS standing committee.
- A committee member may be re-elected for a second term on the same committee. When the second term ends, the committee member may not run for a third consecutive term; after two consecutive terms, the faculty member must wait at least one academic year before running for a seat on the same committee.
- Because faculty are encouraged to serve the department, college, and university, a faculty member may only serve on one H&SS committee in a given election.
- A faculty member who has a planned leave or will be away from campus (such as for study abroad) for an upcoming semester may not run in an election for that year.
- Because undue absences place an extraordinary burden on other committee members, if a committee member misses three or more meetings, the chair of the committee may request the Dean to appoint a replacement.
- Given the difficulty of scheduling committee meetings for five or more members, committee members should plan to make themselves available on a wide range of days and times.