Thank you in advance for your willingness to accept students from the CSU Fullerton gerontology program as volunteers at your Center! As part of our program, undergraduate and master’s students are required to fulfill a certain number of service-learning or academic internship volunteer hours.
In order for our students to volunteer at any organization, the organization must be registered with the “Center for Internships and Community Engagement (CICE).”
To check to see if your organization already has an agreement with the CICE, please contact the CICE center directly: Andrew Gonzales at (657) 278-2980 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Internships & Community Engagement
California State University, Fullerton
800 N. State College Blvd., LH-206, Fullerton CA 92831
Using High Impact Practices for Student Success!
Registering with the CICE will allow you to post specific volunteer opportunities, task descriptions, and allow you to cater to students with specific qualifications you desire. Your organization will appear on the CSUF database of internship/volunteer sites so that students can search out your organization and get an idea of what their experience volunteering at your center will be like.
- Please follow this link to begin registering: http://www.fullerton.edu/cice/partners/service_learning.php
- Click on “New Partner: Register and Post a Position” on the right side of the page and fill out the required information.
Step by Step Guide for Community Partners
Thank you for your interest in hosting academic internships for Cal State Fullerton students. To begin, please register on Titan Connection, an exclusive opportunity portal that will connect our students with your organization. I've included a brief walkthrough below to navigate you through the process (courtesy of CICE).
STEP 1: REGISTER WITH TITAN CONNECTION.
- Please click HERE (please bookmark for future convenience).
- Click on Register and Post.
- Complete the application blanks.
The second page of the registration process allows you to post the internship position and includes important information for us to make a determination as to the academic merit and safety for the student.
STEP 2: POST THE POSITION.
- Select Create job posting (when registering the internship position, you want to title it Sultan ADHC.)
- For Position Type, select Intern (academic/for college-credit)
- For Reserved Position, select NO or YES
- For Job description, provide a complete and thorough overview of the internship position responsibilities.
- For Description of Tasks, provide a list of the duties that the student(s) will be performing. The majority (80 %+) of duties must be professional or pre-professional in nature and sufficiently complex to warrant the awarding of college credit.
- For Training, Describe the training that students will receive during this placement to facilitate learning outcomes. Examples of training include an initial General employer orientation (mandatory), weekly scheduled one-on-one mentor meetings, job shadowing, workshops/skills training, provision of work samples, overview/contextualization of assigned tasks, training literature reviews and testing.
- For Learning Outcomes, please indicate the type of skills and experience the student can expect to gain from the mentorship provided which make this a learning experience worthy of academic credit. What will the student learn that they don’t already know? Type of skills or experience the student can expect to gain from the mentorship provided.
- Complete the remaining questions pertaining to site location and affirm the statements listed regarding employee safety, driving, and other issues.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us during our office hours and we will gladly walk you through the steps or help you resolve any issues you may have with this process.
Contact info: email email@example.com or call 657-278-7057.