To earn a minor in sociology, a student must have a GPA of "C" (2.0) average or better in their sociology curriculum.  A student may transfer Soci 101 from a community college.  Up to 12 units of upper division coursework may be transferred from another college or university.  A student is required to take 21 units of sociology courses to complete the minor.

Required Courses (9 units) 
Sociology 101 Introduction to Sociology (3) 
Sociology 302 Social Research Methods (3) 
Sociology 410 Theories of Social Behavior (3)

Elective Courses (12 units) 
Students select 12 units of upper-division course work in sociology.

Please note that a student with a transfer degree agreement (ADT, AA-T, AS-T) will void the agreement if they make a change to their academic plan by either changing their major, declaring a second major, declaring a minor, or declaring a second concentration/non approved concentration.