We accept applications for Fall semesters only.
CSU Fullerton along with other CSU campuses has switched application platforms to CAL STATE APPLY (CALSTATE.EDU/APPLY ). Students submit all application materials through this online application system.
- You will fill out an application to the university through CAL STATE APPLY .
- You will need to submit official copies of your transcripts from ALL of the schools you have attended (your application will be incomplete if you do not submit all transcripts, including attendance at community colleges).
- Three letters of recommendation from letter writers who can attest to your academic and work preparation for graduate school in sociology.
- A writing sample, preferably that shows sociology research writing in the form of a research paper.
- A statement of purpose, which is an intellectual biography where you speak to your preparation for a sociology graduate program specifically, where you make a fit between yourself and the department, and where you indicate your areas of interest and research in sociology.
Please visit our Master of Arts Advising page for printable information about the application process, and to schedule an appointment with our graduate advisor.
Please submit your completed application by March 1st. We will begin reviewing applications on March 1st, and we will review late applications if we still have spots available. We will not review applications that are not complete by May 1st.