Myungjung "M.J." Kwon, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Public Administration | Admission Coordinator of the MPA Program
Phone: (657) 278 - 3809
Office: GH 542
- 2006, Ph.D in Public Administration and Policy, Florida State University
- 1995, B.A. Public Administration, Kangwon National University, South Korea
Climate Protection and Energy Sustainability Policy
Human Resource Management
Courses Regularly Taught
- POSC/CRJU 422 Human Resources Mgmt
- POSC 523 Admin Res & Analysis
- POSC 572 Sem Pub Sec Hum Res Man
- Kwon, Myungjung and So Hee Jeon. (2018). “Do Leadership Commitment and Performance Oriented Culture Matter for Federal Teleworker Satisfaction with Telework Programs?” Review of Public Personnel Administration. https://doi.org/10.1177/0734371X18776049(Impact Factor: 2.444).
- Kwon, Myungjung, Shui-Yan Tang, and Cheongsin Kim. (2017). “Examining Strategic Sustainability Plans and Smart Growth Land-Use Goals and Actions in California Cities.” Journal of Environmental Planning and Management 61(9): 1570-1593. (Impact Factor: 1.594).
- Kwon, Myungjung and So Hee Jeon. (2017). “Why Permits Telework? Determinants of California City Governments’ Decisions to Permit Telework.” Public Personnel Management 46(3): 239-262. (Impact Factor: 1.364).
- Kwon, Myungjung. (2016). “Local Government: Strategic Cities,” in Melvin Dubnick and Domonic Bearfield (Eds), Encyclopedia of Public Administration and Public Policy, 3rd Edition. Taylor and Francis Group.
- Kwon, Myungjung, Hee Soun Jang, and Richard Feiock. (2014). “Climate Protection and Energy Sustainability Policy in California Cities: What Have We Learned?” Journal of Urban Affairs 36(5): 905-924. (Impact Factor: 1.234).
- Jang, Hee Soun and Myungjung Kwon. (2014). “Enterprising Government by Using Enterprise Funds: The Political and Financial Effects of Municipal Enterprise Fund Use.” Public Administration Quarterly 38(2): 128-162.
- Jung, Kyujin, Simon Andrew, and Myungjung Kwon. (2014). “Mediating Role of Professionalism in Explaining the Association between Accountability and Participatory Governance.” Lex Localis-Journal of Local Self-Government 12(4): 873-897.
- Kwon, Myungjung. (2013). “Examining Sustainable Development Policy in California Cities: 2011 Energy Sustainable California Communities Survey.” California Journal of Politics and Policy 5(4): 711-730.
- Kwon, Myungjung, Frances S. Berry, and Hee Soun Jang. (2013). “A Theoretical Framework on the Determinants of Strategic Cities: Empirical Results from Florida City Governments.”The American Review of Public Administration 43(4): 438-459. (Impact Factor: 2.466).
- Kwon, Myungjung and Hee Soun Jang. (2011). “City Wide Performance Measurement Adoptions: Florida City Governments.” Local Government Studies 37(6): 601-620.
- Kwon, Myungjung, Frances S. Berry, and Richard C. Feiock. (2009). “Understanding the Adoption and Timing of Economic Development Strategies in U. S. Cities Using Innovation and Institutional Analysis.” Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory 19(4): 967-988. (Impact Factor:3.907).
- Berry, Frances S., Ralph S. Brower, Sang Ok Choi, Wendy Xinfang Gao, Hee Soun Jang, Myungjung Kwon, and Jessica Word. (2004). “Three Traditions of Network Research: What the Public Management Research Agenda Can Learn from Other Research Communities.” Public Administration Review 64(5): 539- 552. (Impact Factor: 4.591).