Justin A. Tucker, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Political Science | Director, Center for Public Policy
Phone: (657) 278 - 5064
Office: GH 524
- 2007, Ph.D, University of Kansas
- 2004, M.A., University of Kansas
- 2001, B.A., Northern Arizona University
Courses Regularly Taught
- POSC 509 - Administrative Organization and Process
- POSC 523 - Administrative Research and Analysis
- ENST 520 - Environmental Research and Analysis
- ENST 595T - Environmental Policy and Economics
- ENST 595T - Environmental Regulation
- ENST 595T - Environmental Law
- POSC 100 - Introduction to American Government
- POSC 315 - Politics and Policy Making in America
- POSC 320 - Introduction to Public Management and Policy
- POSC 321 - Research in Public Management
- (2016) “Variations in Structural Home Rule: Evidence from California City Councils.” with Samuel Stone. California Journal of Politics and Policy 8(4):1-17.
- (2015) “California Environmental Policy” in California Government in National Perspective, 8th ed. Yuan Ting, Shelly Arsneault, and Stephen Stambough, eds. Dubuque IA: Kendall Hunt.
- (2013) “Third Strikers under Three Strikes and You’re Out: Politics and Prosecutions” with Pamela Fiber-Ostrow. California Journal of Politics and Policy 5(2):168-205.
- (2012) “Geographic Proximity in the Diffusion of Concealed Weapons Permit Laws” with James Stoutenbourough and Matthew Beverlin. Politics & Policy 40(6):1081-1105
- (2012) “Focal Points in Public Policy: Evidence from Voluntary Regulation” with Andrew Whitford. Review of Policy Research 29(2):281-299.
- (2009) “Technology and the Evolution of the Regulatory State” with Andrew Whitford.Comparative Political Studies 42(12):1567-1590.
- (2008) “Regulation, Business, and Commerce” with Andrew Whitford. In Political Encyclopedia of U.S. States and Regions. Donald Haider-Markel, ed. Washington D.C.: CQ Press
- (2007) “Weighting Individual Datum for Non-Parametric Analysis.” with Melchor Ortiz. Published in the Proceedings of the National Meeting of the American Society for Mining and Reclamation, June 2007.
- (2007) “Historic Climax Communities as Reference Areas.” with Bruce Buchanan. Published in the Proceedings of the National Meeting of the American Society for Mining and Reclamation, June 2007.
- (2007) “Comparison of Forest Regeneration in a Subsidence Zone to a Reference Area.” With Anne Wagner, Jeremy Niemeier, and Bruce Buchanan. Published in the Proceedings of the National Meeting of the American Society for Mining and Reclamation, June 2007.