Phi Alpha Theta (History Honor Society), Theta-Pi Chapter at CSUF
The National Honor Society in History, Phi Alpha Theta, was founded at the University of Arkansas in 1921, with the intention to encourage the study of history and to recognize excellence in history. On May 31, 1962, the Theta-Pi Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta was established at Orange County State College (now California State University, Fullerton). Among its charter members were Bill Langsdorf (the university's first president), Giles Brown (the university's first dean of Graduate Studies), Ernie Toy (the university's first librarian), and Larry de Graaf (one of the university's founding faculty members). The chapter has won the organization's "Best Chapter Award" numerous times, and its journal, The Welebaethan, regularly receives national accolades.